Assistant / Associate Women's Basketball Coach
Job No: 497391
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation, Other
The Assistant / Associate Women's Basketball Coach is responsible for assisting with the on-court coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I Men's Basketball program, within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Opponent Scouting (Offense): Take the primary role in the video study of the opponents playbook and situational tendencies for game preparation.
2. Game planning: For game preparation, provide additional assistance to the head coach with game plan implementation. Provide real time adjustments while in-game.
3. Mentoring of younger staff: Provide higher level program assistance to the head coach in the development and mentoring of younger staff. As staff adjustments are needed, assist with the recruitment and hiring process.
4. Post Player Development: Hold the exclusive responsibility for the skill development of the post players.
5. Scheduling: Work with other institutions to schedule non-conference games in order to establish a balanced and competitive schedule each year.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
- Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate Departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate, and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
- Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
- Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance, and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
- Work closely with the athletic training staff to insure the safety of all student-athletes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty, and the general public.
1. Bachelors degree
2. Two years collegiate coaching experience
3. Valid US Driver's License
4. Maintenance of current/up-to-date CPR and First Aid Certifications
1. Demonstrated experience recruiting to academically selective institutions
2. Proven competitive success
3. Experience playing and/or coaching at a Division I school
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a Staff Exempt position with a hiring range of $63,800 - $88,125. The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, clickhttps://www.bucknell.edu/azdirectory/human-resources/employee-benefits! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4221787
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.