The UIC Department of Intercollegiate Athletics invites applications for the Assistant Coach Assistant Coach, Track and Field. Under minimal supervision, the Assistant Coach assists in conducting an athletic program including recruitment, scouting, practice and game planning, individual and team instruction, and student-athlete academic supervision.
Job Responsibilities (Essential Duties)
- Give individual and team instruction and feedback. Guide and instruct athletes to improve skill
development and performance. Assist in leading practices.
- Assist in game planning and preparation.
- Set up facility and equipment.
- Collaborate with athletic staff and university faculty to monitor academic progress of student- athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
- Coordinate video and film activities.
- Assist in the development, promotion and supervision of clinics and summer camps.
- Assist in identifying, assessing and recruiting prospective student-athletes. Interact and correspond directly with parents and prospective student-athletes.
- Set up visit arrangements with prospective student-athletes.
- Attend competitions and observe and assess prospects.
- Participate in fund raising and alumni relations activities.
- Attend CPR and other safety classes arranged by Athletics and receive certificate.
- Adhere to all University, Horizon League and NCAA rules and regulations.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Job Knowledge & Skills, Education, Experience
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in field related to Physical Education, Recreation, Kinesiology, and/or Sports Management.
Direct knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
A minimum of two years of athletic coaching experience required. Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
To apply, please visit: https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=151484
For fullest consideration, applicants must apply and submit a cover letter, CV or resume and names of three references (names, titles, phone numbers and e-mail addresses) no later than September 3, 2021.
As an EOE/AA employer, the University of Illinois encourages applications from individuals regardless of an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, and Veteran or disability status.
Offers of employment by the University of Illinois may be subject to approval by the University’s Board of Trustees and are made contingent upon the candidate’s successful completion of any criminal background checks and other pre-employment assessments that may be required for the position being offered. Additional information regarding such pre-employment checks and assessments may be provided as applicable during the hiring process.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit https://www.hr.uillinois.edu/cms/One.aspx?portalId=4292&pageId=1411899