Jacksonville State is seeking a qualified candidate for Assistant Track and Field/Cross Country Coach. This position will assist the Head Coach of Track & Field/Cross Country with the organizing, planning and coaching Cross Country & Distance.
The position will be responsible for assisting with all phases of a Division I track and field program, within University, ASUN and NCAA rules and regulations. The responsibilities include, but are not limited to coaching student-athletes, recruiting prospective student-athletes, assisting in scouting and preparation, assisting in practice planning and design, maintaining necessary compliance documents, home meet management and other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Prior Coaching experience required, preferably three years at the Division I level.
- A commitment to knowing and complying with NCAA, ASUN, and institutional rules.
- Must have or be able to obtain CPR certification within 3 months
Knowledge, Skills, Ability:
- Ability to work with a diverse population
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to program and train Men’s and Women’s Cross Country & Distance group
- Knowledge of intercollegiate sports operations & recruiting
- Ability to train and motivate student-athletes
- Ability to work in a highly dynamic university setting