The Department of Intercollegiate Athletics, at the University of Illinois Chicago Campus, invites applications for the position of Assistant Coach, Women's Basketball. Under minimal supervision, this position assists in conducting the athletic program including recruitment, scouting, practice and game planning, individual and team instruction, and student-athlete academic supervision.
· Give individual and team instruction and feedback. Guide and instruct athletes to improve skill development and performance. Assist in leading practices.
· Assist in game planning and preparation.
· Set up facility and equipment.
· Collaborate with athletic staff and university faculty to monitor academic progress of student- athletes to ensure that athletic eligibility and academic standards are maintained.
· Coordinate video and film activities.
· Assist in the development, promotion and supervision of clinics and summer camps.
· Assist in identifying, assessing and recruiting prospective student-athletes. Interact and correspond directly with parents and prospective student-athletes.
· Set up visit arrangements with prospective student-athletes.
· Attend competitions and observe and assess prospects.
· Participate in fund raising and alumni relations activities.
· Attend CPR and other safety classes arranged by Athletics and receive certificate
· Adhere to all University, Horizon League and NCAA rules and regulations.
Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred in field related to Physical Education, Recreation,
Kinesiology, and/or Sports Management.
Direct knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations required.
A minimum of two years of athletic coaching experience required.
Strong interpersonal, management and communication skills.
For fullest consideration, applicants must apply at https://jobs.uic.edu/job-board/job-details?jobID=133430 and submit a cover letter, CV or resume and names of three references no later than August 7, 2020.
The University of Illinois at Chicago is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer.
Minorities, women, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
The University of Illinois may conduct background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. Background checks will be performed in compliance with the Fair Credit