Responsibilities for the Assistant Coach of Cross Country, Track & Field include, but are not limited to the following:
- Assists in all aspects of practice and meet coaching
- Provides skill instruction for student-athletes, including individual sessions, small groups, and total team training
- Assists with oversight of student-athlete academic progress and eligibility and community service/outreach
- Recruits prospective student-athletes for the the university and Division I program
- Develops contacts and relationships with pertinent cross country/track & field clubs/organizations and high school coaches/programs; maintains an efficient and effective tracking and evaluation system
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Head Coach, including compliance with all NCAA rules
The work hours for this position include evenings and weekends, as needed. Travel is required.