Please read the following carefully before beginning the online application process.
To be considered for employment at Willamette University, please complete our online employment application. Your application and all required attachments -- listed at the bottom of the page -- must be submitted for each individual job post that you are interested in applying for. If there is an application deadline, please ensure that your application is submitted by the deadline. Once you submit your application you will not be able to edit your application.
Willamette University announces a full-time position for an Assistant Coach, Women’s Soccer. The individual in this position assists the Head Coach in the planning, development, and execution of all programs and activities of the soccer program; assists in the execution of practices, games, and other competitive and training programs and events; plays a role in recruitment and retention; and assists in the teaching of principles and techniques to students.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists Head Coach with direction and coordination of the women's soccer program.
- Instructs and coaches the fundamental principles and techniques of soccer skills (i.e. competition, traditions, and sportsmanship) as well as the philosophy of the sport.
- Knowledge of the sport to provide technical support while teaching game fundamentals and skill development.
- Assists in the holistic development of the students by providing leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including assisting the Head Coach with counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Assists the Head Coach in organizing, preparing, and conducting practices, training, and competition.
- Enforces and exemplifies team and University expectations and standards.
- Coordinates and assists in scouting, film exchange, and film breakdown.
- Assists in planning and arranging team meals and travel logistics.
- Assists in the recruitment of qualified prospective student-athletes for admission to a demanding academic environment.
- Maintains relationships and strong communication with club and high school coaches.
- Perform assigned administrative tasks.
- Assists in the marketing, recruitment, and attendance of all Willamette University soccer camps and clinics.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Collegiate playing experience and one to two years of related coaching experience.
- Knowledge of Microsoft programs and major social media sites.
- Possess strong leadership, organizational, interpersonal, verbal and written communication and management skills; serves as a role model for student-athletes.
- Ability to effectively teach and coach students in both an individual and team setting.
- Knowledgeable on NCAA rules and regulations and adhere to the philosophy and ideals of Willamette University and Division III athletics.
- Knowledge of and adherence to University policies, particularly as they apply to student safety and hazing.
- Must be able to successfully articulate the values of a liberal arts education and the role intercollegiate athletics plays in the development of student-athletes.
- Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the university and its programs, personnel, and philosophies.
- Ability to execute those physical activities required to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Ability to travel and work evening and weekends as required
- Must possess a current driver’s license valid in the state of Oregon or the ability to obtain one within 60 days of hire date and satisfactory driving record insurable by the University’s insurer.
- Ability to work independently as well as establish and maintain harmonious relations with other staff, faculty and students.
Typical Work Schedule
Monday to Friday, some weekend work expected
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position will remain open until filled.
All University positions require that candidates submit to a criminal conviction record check prior to hire. Conviction does not automatically preclude candidates from being hired. Nature of conviction will be considered relative to the duties of the position.
You will need to upload the following documents as part of your application materials in the "My Experience" section labeled Resume:
- Cover letter addressing the required/desired qualifications and presenting any other applicant characteristics which deserve emphasis. Please include total years of experience coaching soccer and total years of experience coaching collegiate soccer.
- Current Resume
Incomplete applications will not be considered.