Randolph College Master of Arts in Coaching and Sport Leadership (MACSL) Program is seeking to fill a full-time, 12-month Assistant Director position beginning in summer 2022. The MACSL Assistant Director will assist the MACSL Program Director in all aspects of management of the graduate program and serve as a course instructor. The Assistant Director will be responsible for the day-to-day operations in administering and promoting the in-person and online MACSL graduate programs.
The Assistant Director will supervise MACSL Graduate Students enrolled in Practicum throughout the course of the program as well as on-campus Graduate Assistantship placements. An importance is placed on the cultivation of relationships with key influencers such as undergraduate professors, alumni, and faculty, including on and off-campus meetings, correspondence and strategic plan implementation. A focus will be on meeting enrollment goals through the recruitment and admission process, involving non-standard and varied working hours to provide follow-up and personal attention to prospective students, applicants, and deposited students. Recruitment involves some travel, direct mail, e-recruitment, and telework when necessary to achieve prospect goals, applicant goals, as well as enrolled student goals. A continual emphasis will be put on maintaining a positive student experience at Randolph College.
OTHER ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain program website and social media accounts
- Coordinate housing accommodations for residential students
- Coordinate Orientation - food, lodging, transportation, meals, staff, scheduling, etc.
- Plan program-related events on Randolph College’s campus and on other campuses through which we offer articulation agreements.
- Maintain master strategic calendar for graduate program
- Represent Randolph College mission (mission, values, Honor Code) on and off campus.
- Teach a minimum of three academic courses (outside of Practicum Supervision) each year.
- Additional projects as assigned, which could include:
- Coordinating or assisting with guest lecturers
- Program liaison with college departments and community organizations
- Special searches and mailings
- Adherence to and maintenance of Accreditation standards
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of sport, coaching, and leadership roles
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and in support of others
- Superb attention to detail with exceptional organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to learn and work comfortably with specialized software and social media.
- Committed to recruiting diverse and qualified students
- Committed to the value of a graduate work
- Strong work ethic, enthusiasm, energy, creativity, and sense of humor
- Driver’s license and good driving record
- PhD in a related field (ABD encouraged to apply)
- Preferred: Research Experience in related disciplines
- Preferred: Teaching Experience (online and in-person) at the collegiate level
Some travel in addition to office work. Must be able to work at desk and on computer for long periods of time. May be standing/walking/sitting for extended periods. Flexible schedules, including night and weekend work may be required. Schedule will be coordinated with the MACSL Program Director. May frequently lift 15/25 lbs. and may walk/bend in the performance of the job function.
Review of applications/resumes will begin immediately. To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by November 22nd. Qualified applicants may send resume, cover letter, and contact information for three professional references to: Director of Human Resources, Randolph College, 2500 Rivermont Ave. Lynchburg, VA 24503 or email to email@example.com (preferred). Inquiries about the position can be made to Dr. Meghan Halbrook, Director of the Randolph College Master of Arts in Coaching and Sport Leadership program.
The Randolph community values and supports diversity and an inclusive environment. We are particularly interested in hiring candidates who will enrich the diversity of our campus. Randolph is an EOE employer.