The University of Cincinnati, Department of Athletics seeks applications for an Assistant Athletic Director, Marketing & Fan Experience. The individual in this role may be appointed at the Associate level depending on skills, experience and qualifications.
The position works closely with sports and External units on the ideation, coordination and execution of marketing campaigns and athletic events that drive attendance while providing an excellent experience for fan and student-athletes.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Provide leadership and direction for Athletics Marketing & Fan Experience.
- Provide oversight of Cheer and Dance programs.
- Oversee game presentation for all home events. Serve as the director of game production efforts for Football and Men’s Basketball games.
- Lead the development and execution of digital revenue generation strategies, including but not limited to digital advertising, e-mail marketing, mobile app, website content and SEO.
- Collaborate with External unit on the development of ticket sales campaigns/strategy.
- Coordinate and lead fan engagement brainstorming sessions to generate ideas and address issues to improve the fan experience.
- Collaborate with the Agency on the development of all brand elements, graphic design concepts and storytelling.
- Provide budget oversight to the unit including development of annual budget, track, monitor and approve expenditures for the unit.
- Oversight and liaison to other partners such as RevelXP.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Nine (9) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Five (5) years of experience in athletic administration.
Additional Qualifications Considered
- The individual in this position must be able to work nights and weekends.
- May require previous supervisory experience.
- Interested and qualified applicants must apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu/job-invite/88631/ and include a cover letter of interest and a current CV/Resume.
- All certifications and other documentation can be uploaded using the Additional Documents section in the application.
- Applications without a cover letter and CV/Resume will not be considered for the position.
The University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics competes at the highest level of intercollegiate athletics with the vision to reach Next Level Success for all 18 varsity teams and more than 500 student-athletes. The Bearcats have a proud athletics history, winning eight national championships and 117 conference titles. The Cincinnati men's basketball team is among the 15 winningest programs all-time, while the football team became the first American Athletic Conference program to compete in the College Football Playoff in 2021. Olympic gold medalist volleyball player Jordan Thompson, NBA Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson and Major League Baseball legend Sandy Koufax are among the several luminaries who have competed as Bearcats.
UC student-athletes collectively posted a 3.387 overall GPA in the fall of 2021 with 78 percent earning spots on the Honor Roll.
Under the leadership of Director of Athletics John Cunningham, and supported by more than 150 full-time staff members, UC Athletics' mission is to connect our community, enhance our University and impact the lives of student-athletes as they prepare to change the world on and off the field.