Notre Dame Athletics is committed to building a diverse workforce passionate about maximizing the student-athlete and guest experience. Our pillars of Education, Excellence, Faith, Tradition and Community guide us in the inclusive work we do each and every day and we are eager to attract individuals who can positively contribute to that work. We firmly believe we can all create change together locally and be a catalyst for change nationally through our StaND Together commitment to Listen, Amplify, Focus, Diversify, Engage and Vote.
The Assistant Superintendent will aide the Head Superintendent in all the areas of golf course maintenance and management which include but are not limited to: Completion of assigned tasks, delegation of staff, daily planning, irrigation operation and repair, daily course-setup, training and re-training of new and returning staff members, chemical and fertilizer applications and calibration, identify and determine treatment of turf disease and interviewing and hiring of seasonal employees.
- Minimum 2 years experience working on a golf course.
- Associates degree or working toward certificate from a technical school in Turfgrass, Sports and commercial, Landscape or Agronomy Management.
- Valid Drivers License and an Indiana Pesticide Applicators License or ability to obtain one after hire.
- 3+ years working on a golf course with some previous experience managing employees.
- Experience working on or helping with tree removal, equipment repair, and tournament preparation