The Assistant Coach reports to the Head Coach and is prepared to assist in the administration, supervision and development ofthe sports program.
The Assistant Coach supports the decisions made by the head coach and executes the assigned duties with a positive attitude.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
• Recruiting student-athletes to be outstanding cadets and outstanding contributors to the sports program
• Knowledge ofacademic rules for eligibility
• Supervision of cadet-athletes’ progress towards a degree
• Physical and mental preparation ofcadet-athletes
• Proper instruction of sound techniques and game strategies
• Knowledge and proper execution of safe practices associated with coaching the sport
• Knowledge and proper execution ofVMI, conference and NCAA rules
• Motivate cadet-athletes to excel on the field, in the classroom, and in the Corps
• Work to improve coaching knowledge and the ability to teach skills related to the sport
• Work to understand the VMI system and be an advocate for the school
• Have an appreciation for VMI cadets, faculty, and administrators
• Additional duties as assigned by the Head Coach
• A Bachelor’s degree is required
• Must possess the ability to recruit in Virginia and the surrounding states;
• Must have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
Apply online: https://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/284772