Williams College Track & Field is excited to announce an opening for an Assistant Coach in the Athletics Department. This is a full time, 10-month, term appointment with the possibility of renewal. The Assistant Coach works with the men’s and women’s track & field program and should have the expertise to coach speed/power events (jumps, throws, multis and/or sprints). Technical knowledge and/or field event experience is a plus. A strong candidate will have corresponding influence to guide and train their event group within a unified, passionate community of driven student-athletes.
Williams College has profoundly transformed its student body in terms of race, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, gender, nationality, sexual orientation, and religion. Our expectation is that the successful candidate will prioritize and excel at fostering a fully inclusive community.
- Practice planning and facilitation
- Individual mentorship and meetings with student-athletes
- Recruiting: correspondence, talent evaluation, scheduling, on-campus visits
- Team transportation & driving
- Administrative office duties
- Other duties as assigned by Head Coaches
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Relevant collegiate competing and/or coaching experience
- Cultural competence when working with a diverse student body
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are required
- Successful candidate will be self-motivated with high emotional intelligence and possess the ability to recruit, mentor and coach highly talented student-athletes through a rigorous academic environment
- Valid driver’s license
Application review will begin on September 15, 2021. This position includes a generous benefits/vacation package including medical, retirement, and graduate tuition reimbursement