The Citadel, The Military College of South Carolina is seeking an Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach. The Assistant Women's Volleyball coach will devote full-time attention and energies to the duties of Coaching Volleyball including but not limited to;
- tactical and game strategizing
- support, encouragement and mentorship of student-athletes
- monitor and advise student-athletes
- impart Volleyball game and skill knowledge to student-athletes in both individual and team training sessions
- collaborate with strength and conditioning coaches on development of training plans for student-athletes communicate
- collaborate with sports medicine staff to ensure the health and safety of the student-athletes.
The successful candidate will exhibit competency with all decision making and administrative reporting in accordance with running the Volleyball Program including but not limited to:
- ordering of supplies, apparel, equipment
- financial reporting responsibilities
- travel and official scheduling
- reporting to the SoCon
- camp and clinic paperwork
- recruitment reports
- knowledge of and compliance with all NCAA, SoCon and Institutional rules and regulations
- completion of compliance reports.
- Assist with scholarship generation and reporting with the compliance office and sport supervisor
- Fundraise for the program
- Represent the program in the local community by engaging themselves and their team in community service.
A Bachelor’s Degree is required. Must be highly organized and have strong leadership and communication skills. The Citadel demands a thorough knowledge and adherence to institutional, Southern Conference and NCAA rules. Previous experience as a player and coach and a thorough knowledge of the skills required to teach Collegiate Volleyball are required. Division I playing and coaching experience.
Recruitment of student-athletes that possess the athletic, academic and leadership values consistent with The Citadel is an essential requirement.
This person will support the letter and intent of the military mission and regulations of this institution, contribute to the campus community in a positive manner and encourage student-athletes to succeed in balancing the academic, military and athletic aspects of their education. Coaches are expected to represent the institution and the program in accordance with institutional values of Honor, Duty and Respect.
Apply Online - https://jobs.citadel.edu/cw/en-us/job/495851/assistant-volleyball-coach