Carleton College, an NCAA Division III member of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference, is accepting applications for the Assistant Women’s Basketball Coach in the Department of Physical Education, Athletics and Recreation (PEAR). Carleton is deeply committed to fostering a community of excellence, diversity, and inclusion. This position upholds the integrity, academic profile, and mission of the women’s basketball program, PEAR Department, and College. The Assistant Coach works closely with the Head Coach, other coaches, administrative staff, and the broader college community to ensure the best experience possible for all student-athletes.
- Coordinate the year-round recruitment of student-athletes that align with the mission of the college
- Build relationships with prospective student-athletes, parents and high school/club coaches
- Assist head coach with all practice and game preparation
- Assist with player development
- Analysis of video and statistical data to further develop and improve individual as well as team performances
- Pre-season, in-season and post-season player and team meetings and evaluations
- Coordinating on-campus recruiting visits for prospects
- Identify and manage student managers
- Manage team social media content
- Coordinate travel arrangements for MIAC and non-conference games
- Maintain the highest priority on the overall educational experience of the student-athletes
- Maintain and insure compliance with Carleton College, MIAC and NCAA rules and regulations
- Assist with duties assigned by the Sports Information Director
- Work cooperatively with personnel in the PEAR Department, attend departmental meetings and activities, and always represent Carleton well.
- Other duties as assigned by Chair/Athletic Director
- Bachelor’s Degree with two years collegiate varsity coaching experience.
- Proven abilities in organization and instructional aspects of coaching as well as demonstrated effectiveness of recruitment and retention of student-athletes
- Masters Degree and coaching at the collegiate, high school level or club level
- Experience with video editing software
- Please include resume, cover letter and contact information for three references with your application materials.
- This application requires the successful completion of a criminal background check.