Assistant Women's Volleyball Coach
FLSA Status: Exempt
Months Per Year: 12
Employment Status: Full-Time
Work Model: On-site
Seattle University will be one of the most innovative and progressive Jesuit and Catholic universities in the world, educating with excellence at the undergraduate, graduate, and professional levels. We embrace an intersectional framework for defining diversity in its broadest sense, including differences in gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, generational history, culture, socioeconomic class, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship status, political perspectives, geographic origin and physical ability. Seattle University strives to be a welcome, open and safe campus climate for all who learn, live and work at Seattle University.
This position will assist the head coach in all facets of program. Prior experience coaching at the collegiate level and playing experience at the collegiate would be preferred. Assist the coaching staff in planning, coaching, recruiting, administering, and promoting the men’s soccer team within NCAA and institutional standards.
• Assist the coaching staff in planning and implementing team training sessions.
• Ability to scout opponents through video analysis.
• Prepare scouting reports on opponents.
• Assist in the development of pre-game match plans and provide post game match analysis.
• Plan and implement individual training plans for players.
• Ability to identify talented student athletes that fit the mission of the University and the program.
• Assist the coaching staff in evaluating prospective student athletes, travel required.
• Communicate with prospective student-athletes via phone, email, and social media.
• Organize and participate in unofficial and official visits.
• Compile and keep an updated schedule for training, meetings, and travel for the team and coaches.
• Organize existing equipment and work with equipment manager to order new uniforms and gear for the season.
• Assist in ID camps during the year.
• Assist in coordinating travel and meals for away games.
• Secure training times, locker rooms and video for away games.
• A bachelor’s degree and five years of intercollegiate coaching and recruiting experience coaching/or playing at the collegiate level, preferably at NCAA Division I or II or professional soccer, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• The ability and willingness to exercise discretion and have sound professional judgement is required.
• In support of the university’s mission, vision, and values, successful candidates must demonstrate a willingness to support and engage diversity, inclusion, and gender equity as a central component of anti-racist athletics participation and Jesuit education of the whole person.
• Excellent office and administrative skills, task orientation, timeline adherence and the ability to work and collaborate in a group setting.
• Required to complete Coaches Recruiting Certification, annually. Additionally, adult CPR/First Aid/AED certification is required and must be maintained for the entire duration of employment.
Please attach a cover letter with your resume when applying. Job postings are open until filled, unless otherwise specified.
Compensation at a Glance:
Salary Range: $45,000 - $55,000
Seattle University has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, and not based on a candidate’s gender or any other protected status.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. Seattle University provides generous leave, health plans, and retirement contributions that add to your total compensation package.
Benefits at a Glance:
Consistent with its fundamental Jesuit values, Seattle University offers a wide range of benefits designed to care for the whole person. Choose from three different medical plans, a dental, and vision insurance programs. Protect your income with life, short & long-term disability coverage. Plan for your future with up to a 10% employer contribution for retirement benefits, comprised of a 5% nonelective employer contribution and an additional dollar-for-dollar match of your voluntary contributions up to a maximum of 5%. You may also take advantage of 100% paid tuition benefits for the employee and dependents, a subsidized transportation benefit, a wellness program with free access to an onsite fitness facility, and a wide variety of campus events. Enjoy a generous holiday schedule, including a paid Holiday break closure in December, vacation and paid sick leave, and paid community service leave. For more information explore the Benefits website at: https://www.seattleu.edu/hr/benefits/
To apply: https://apptrkr.com/4180160