Assistant Women's Water Polo Coach
Job No: 497373
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation, Other
The Assistant Women's Water Polo Coach at Bucknell University serves within the Department of Athletics and Recreation and is responsible for the coaching of academically-qualified student-athletes. The water polo program at Bucknell has both NCAA Division I men's and women's teams and at times the Assistant Coach may assist with the men's team training or competition. Must work within the guidelines, rules, and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
1. Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches' preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
2. Manage assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and overall administration of the sports program.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
4. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach, and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivating, and assessing for a specific geographical area or position group.
5. Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport-specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure the academic success of student-athletes.
6. Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance, and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate, and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
7. Work closely with the athletic training staff to ensure the safety of all student-athletes.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Teach in the departmental wellness program as assigned.
10. Represent the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty, and the general public.
1. Bachelor's degree.
2. Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience.
3. Maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications.
4. Valid US drivers license
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This is a full-time, 10 month, benefits eligible position.
This role is not budgeted for visa sponsorship at this time, all candidates must be authorized to work in the US at the time of submission of the application.
This is a Staff Exempt position with a hiring range of $35,600-44,500 (E04). The offer rate will be based on a review of the candidate's credentials compared to the qualifications of the position, internal equity, and our overall compensation philosophy.
Eligible full- and part-time employees are compensated beyond base salary through our total rewards package that includes (but is not limited to):
- flexible scheduling options determined by role;
- medical, prescription drug, vision, dental, life, and long-term disability insurance options
- an outstanding 10% employer contribution to your retirement plan (no contribution requirement for non-exempt positions)
- generous paid time off, including vacation and sick time, a community service day, and 19 paid holidays (including two full weeks off for Winter Break!)
- full-time and part-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for themselves. Additionally, full-time members of the faculty and staff are eligible for tuition remission for their spouse/spousal equivalent and are eligible for various tuition programs for their children. Credit for full-time benefits eligible employment at other institutions of higher education will be applied to waiting periods.
- a comprehensive employee wellness program including program incentives
- a myriad of other benefits, including parental leave, an employee assistance program, fitness center membership, and the power of your Bucknell ID card
To learn more about Bucknell's benefits, clickhttps://www.bucknell.edu/azdirectory/human-resources/employee-benefits! (*Eligibility criteria and waiting periods may apply.)
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion:
Bucknell is committed to fostering an environment that embraces diversity, equity and inclusion, and seeks candidates who will contribute to a climate that supports the growth and development of a diverse campus community. We endeavor to enhance our capacity to value and capitalize on the cultural richness that diversity brings. We encourage all individuals to apply and do not discriminate in admissions, employment, educational programs and/or activities on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, pregnancy, sex/gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, marital or family status, military or veteran status, or genetic information.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4162479
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.