The Associate Squash Coach is responsible for performing various duties and responsibilities, including, but not limited to, coaching, instructing, recruiting, counseling, monitoring student-athlete academic performance, designing training sessions, collaborating on game plans and strategies, adhering to compliance requirements, overseeing the safety and maintenance of the facility, and other sport program administrative functions for Bates College’s NCAA Division III intercollegiate Squash program. This is a professional associate coaching position and all of the duties of the position must be conducted in adherence with the policies, rules, and regulations of affiliated national, regional, and state intercollegiate athletic associations, the NESCAC Conference and the College.
- Adheres to and enforces all policies and procedures of the Department of Athletics & Physical Education and the College as well as the rules and regulations of the NESCAC, CSA, the NCAA and other authorities that may legitimately influence the intercollegiate athletics program.
- Completes all required departmental and institutional training and certification programs and participates actively in available professional development opportunities.
- Assists in the recruitment of student-athletes as directed by the head coach. Ensures full compliance with NESCAC, CSA, and NCAA guidelines in all aspects of the recruiting process.
- Provides leadership and instruction in the personal and athletic development of student-athletes, including counseling team members in academic, disciplinary and personal matters.
- Serves as head coach pro tem in absence of the head coach.
- Assists the head coach in monitoring the eligibility status and academic progress of student-athletes.
- Provides support in carefully tracking expenditures for all team accounts to ensure fiscal responsibility.
- Works with the head coach and equipment manager to initiate and coordinate the selection, purchase, fitting and maintenance of team equipment; to include uniforms, athletic equipment and supplies.
- Assists the head coach in developing and implementing strategies for motivating student-athletes to perform at maximum levels as both individuals and a team.
- Create and implement facility and event policies and procedures.
- Collaborate in the development and implementation of the safety and risk management procedures including CPR training, emergency action plans, and staff training.
- Assist with the management, operations and scheduling of camps, clinics, and rentals; oversee revenue generation and manage billing, contracts, and reports.
- Upkeep of all facility equipment and technology.
- Oversee and staff building operations related to facility access for student, staff, and alumni.