WeCOACH is the premier membership organization dedicated to the recruitment, advancement and retention of women coaches of all sports and levels.
Location: Anywhere, United States; no relocation necessary; home-office
The Coordinator of Events plays an essential supporting role in the digital and in-person programs and resources, as they are the most significant opportunities to provide development and growth across all sports and levels. This individual will implement strategy as it relates to coordination of events and program management. The Coordinator of Events is responsible for expansion of programs to support and develop female coaches at the high school, club, and youth levels, as well as execution of WeCOACH’s digital programs. This full-time position reports to the Director of Events and works closely with the WeCOACH staff in a collaborative effort in executing all organizational programs and events.
Events and Programs
- Assist in developing strategy and vision for enhancing WeCOACH programming and resources, including digital offerings for all sports and levels
- Work with Director of Events to execute regional workshop events
- Work with WeCOACH staff to implement WeCOACH online programs and resources, including but not limited to live Video Chat series, Book Club series, and specific member-only content offerings.
- Work with Director of Events and Director of Business to develop and execute registration processes, speaker agreements, participant and speaker communications, financial management and event logistics
- Work with Director of Events and Director of Business for follow-up communication to registered participants and speakers, including confirmations, agreements, payments, pre-work, and event logistics
- Responsible for production of event materials and supplies
- Responsible for specified post-event duties, including but not limited to reconciling final site and service invoices, and post-event evaluations
- Identify and build strategic and educational partnerships with key influencers at the high school, club, and youth levels
- Assist with management of the NCAA Women Coaches Academy and NCAA Academy 2.0 programs
- Travel to WeCOACH events as needed, including all NCAA Academies and regional workshops and others as assigned
- Negotiate and administer hotel and facility contracts
- Execute event and program budgets
- Assist in identifying partners and sponsors to help fund programming efforts
- Assist with communication and marketing efforts of WeCOACH events and membership offerings
- Produce event and post-event reports, if requested
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to thrive autonomously and be productive in a virtual environment while meeting deadlines and metrics with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated experience in event management for 3+ years preferred.
- Preferred experience in, or substantial knowledge of college, high school and club-level athletics
- Highly organized and pays acute attention to detail
- Advanced written, oral and interpersonal communication skills to represent the organization positively to multiple internal and external constituents, donors, hotel/facility personnel, and campus and sport community leadership
- Demonstrated experience and comfort-level speaking or presenting in public
- Proficient in computer, digital and online applications, including social media, Zoom, WordPress, etc.
- Excellent people and relationship skills and ability to work as a cohesive member of a small, but highly motivated team emphasizing collaboration
- Personal qualities of integrity, accountability, passionate, service-minded and an unwavering commitment to the mission of WeCOACH
- Ability to travel to WeCOACH events or meetings as needed. Requires occasional weekends and nights
Benefits package: includes paid vacation, paid sick leave, and QSEHRA premium reimbursement up to federal maximum.
WeCOACH is committed to equal opportunity employment and encourages candidates with diverse backgrounds to apply. Interested candidates should send their resume and cover letter to Executive Director Megan Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
For full consideration, candidates must submit their materials on or before January 1, 2020.