Dean College is a private, residential New England college grounded in a culture and tradition in which all students deserve the opportunity for academic and personal success. A uniquely supportive community for 153 years, Dean has woven together extensive student support and engagement with exceptional teaching and innovative campus activities. Our graduates are lifetime learners who thrive in their careers, embrace social responsibility, and demonstrate leadership. This is The Dean Difference.
Dean serves close to 1,200 full-time students and close to 400 part-time students, offering bachelor's and associate degrees as well as a robust selection of certificate and short-term credential programs.
Dean College is situated in Franklin, Massachusetts, which is conveniently located between Boston and Providence. Approximately 90 percent of the College's student population lives on campus in one of 13 residence halls.
This full-time appointment requires a commitment to the NCAA Division III philosophy. The Dean College Athletics Department is a Provisional Division III member of the NCAA and competes as a member of the New England Collegiate Conference (NECC) and Eastern Collegiate Football Conference (ECFC). This position is responsible for all aspects of running a competitive women's field hockey and lacrosse program.
- Identifying and recruiting successful student-athletes;
- Monitoring student-athletes' academic progress;
- Coach, supervise, mentor and develop student-athletes;
- Develop, organize and lead all phases of player skill development, practice organization and in game management and strategies;
- Prepare team budgets, manage finances, plan season schedules and coordinate travel arrangements;
- Lead continuous program and student-athlete development efforts, while supporting academic excellence and progress;
- Participates in college, departmental staff, conference and coach meetings;
- The position will potentially also have administrative duties in the department;
- Other duties as assigned.
Managerial and Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Supervise student-athletes.
- A bachelor's degree in an appropriate discipline required, master's degree preferred;
- Minimum of three years of collegiate coaching experience, teaching professional or professional playing is preferred;
- Prior NCAA Division III Collegiate experience (as a student-athlete) preferred;
- First Aid, CPR, AED certification or willingness to obtain preferred;
- Valid Driver's License;
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
Please submit your Resume/CV, Cover Letter, all unofficial transcripts; and contact information of three references. (PLEASE NOTE: Applications that are incomplete will not be considered).
Note: After submitting your resume/CV, the subsequent page gives you instructions that enable you to upload your Cover Letter and any additional documents.
See the FAQ for using our online system.
Please contact us if you need assistance applying through this website.
Returning Applicants - Login to your Dean College Careers Account to check your completed application or upload additional documents.