The University of Cincinnati (UC), Department of Athletics seeks applications for a Diving Coach in the Men's and Women's Diving program. This is a full-time position, salaried, with a comprehensive benefits package.
The success candidate will report to the Head Swimming & Diving Coach and will be responsible for several administrative and organizational aspects of coaching, recruiting, and competition while following all departmental, university, conference, and NCAA policies and regulations.
- Direct involvement with several administrative and organizational aspects of a sport program under the supervision of the Head Coach (i.e., coaching, practice, recruiting, strategy, planning travel, team meals, etc).
- Execute all coaching assignments and administrative responsibilities.
- Maintain current knowledge of and adhere to all University, NCAA and Conference Rules and Regulations, Policies and Procedures paying special attention to recruiting, eligibility, admissions and financial aid.
- May supervise assigned positional student-athletes in a coordinated and planned program of practices and competition, with a concern for the players’ health and welfare, physical and psychological preparation.
- May recruit and/or coordinate the recruitment of prospective academically and athletically qualified student-athletes
- Guide and actively encourage student-athletes to succeed academically, earn a degree and represent the university with integrity. Uphold all University academic policies and assist, when appropriate, in counseling student-athletes relative to academic success, progress and eligibility.
- May participate in public and alumni relations and promotions activities and assist in establishing and maintaining positive relations with the media.
- Assist the Head Coach in cultivating and soliciting donors to meet the fundraising goals as established by the Director of Athletics.
- Collaborate with support staff to implement and perform administrative tasks in line with program and departmental goals.
- Will be required to drive a university vehicle and/or student-athletes to off site practice facilities and competition.
- May provide direct and/or indirect supervision to exempt and non-exempt staff (i.e., hiring/firing, performance evaluations, disciplinary action, approve time off, etc.).
- Perform related duties based on departmental need. This job description can be changed at any time.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Four (4) years of relevant work experience and/or other specialized training can be used in lieu of education requirement.
- Must be able to pass and maintain NCAA recruiting certification if required by sport program.
- Valid driver’s license.
Additional Qualifications Considered
The ideal candidate will have:
- Meet management technical experience and will be able to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the diving program.
- Have knowledge of intercollegiate athletics rules and regulations of athletic associations and conferences including eligibility, recruiting, and certification.
- Strong organizational, oral, and written communication, time management, and interpersonal skills are also required.
- The position requires some evening and weekend hours.
Interested applicants must apply online at https://jobs.uc.edu/job-invite/92283/. Please submit:
- Cover letter explaining your credentials.
The University of Cincinnati Department of Athletics competes at the highest level of intercollegiate athletics with the vision to reach Next Level Success for all 18 varsity teams and more than 500 student-athletes. The Bearcats have a proud athletics history, winning eight national championships and 117 conference titles. The Cincinnati men's basketball team is among the 15 winningest programs all-time, while the football team became the first American Athletic Conference program to compete in the College Football Playoff in 2021. Olympic gold medalist volleyball player Jordan Thompson, NBA Hall of Famer Oscar Robertson and Major League Baseball legend Sandy Koufax are among the several luminaries who have competed as Bearcats.
UC student-athletes collectively posted a 3.387 overall GPA in the fall of 2021 with 78 percent earning spots on the Honor Roll.
Under the leadership of Director of Athletics John Cunningham, and supported by more than 150 full-time staff members, UC Athletics' mission is to connect our community, enhance our University and impact the lives of student-athletes as they prepare to change the world on and off the field.