Lead overall strategic direction of the IWLCA, in conjunction with the IWLCA Board, and primary operational responsibility for the Association, including oversight of all programs & tournaments, expansion of revenue, and execution of the mission.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Work closely with Board in leading strategic decision-making for the Association, and drive active Board involvement by providing necessary information, analysis and recommendations to the Board on an on-going basis.
- Actively engage the IWLCA members to understand strengths & opportunities and to energize the membership.
- Oversee planning and execution of all IWLCA events including, but not limited to, all recruiting tournaments, the Annual Meeting, and Senior All-Star games.
- Ensure consistent quality of finance, administration, communication, and operational activities.
- Develop and execute plan to generate external sources of revenue, including corporate sponsorships and marketing partnerships.
- Work with Treasurer to develop Annual Operating Budget and produce annual financial report. Oversee collection of all sources of revenue (dues, sponsorships) and identify new entrepreneurial opportunities; recommend business options to the Executive Committee and the Board of Directors.
- Perform ongoing evaluations of IWLCA programs & benefits and make recommendations to the Board for adjustments, as needed.
- Lead, coach, develop, and retain the IWLCA’s full-time staff.
- Manage marketing, communication, and PR efforts to increase the visibility and build the brand of the IWLCA externally, and to drive member clarity on IWLCA priorities & benefits internally.
- Execute other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors or Executive Committee.
Critical Expertise & Experience:
- 10+ years of management experience, with a track record of effectively leading a diverse organization.
- Ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Proven ability to identify new streams of revenue (including sponsorships).
- Experience working with third parties, including negotiations and ongoing partnership management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Ability to collaborate well with diverse groups of people.
- Experience working with Media organizations and an understanding of how to grow a digital media presence.
- Strong leadership, team building, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s or other post-graduate degree preferred.
*Applications should be sent to Admin@IWLCA.org by September 30, 2019