Haverford College invites applications for our full time (at least 37.5 hours per week), exempt, benefits-eligible Head Coach for Men’s Soccer opportunity.
This position reports to the Director of Athletics and carries responsibility for all aspects of a competitive Division III Men’s Soccer program including but not limited to: planning and executing all practices, game day coaching; recruitment of qualified student-athletes; scheduling; budget management; fundraising activities; and adhering to all NCAA, Conference, and College rules. A strong commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion is required. Additional administrative duties will be assigned.
- Conduct practices and games
- Enforce departmental policies and team rules as to travel and conduct both on and off the field
- Supervise and evaluate Assistant Coaches
- Maintain liaison with college and athletic administrators, trainers, strength, and conditioning coaches and sports information directors as appropriate for a head coach
- Maintain communication with faculty liaison
- Attend monthly College All-Staff meetings, athletic staff meetings as scheduled, weekly athletic logistics meetings, other special college meetings as announced, and Conference meetings
- Adhere to all regulations of the College, Centennial Conference, and NCAA
- Demonstrate success in the recruiting of student athletes who meet both the academic and athletic standards of Haverford College and its Men’s Soccer Program
- Operate within a budget that covers all operational costs of the program. Additional team fundraising activities, as approved by the Athletic Director, may be overseen to supplement special team gear and/or trips.
- Represent Haverford at all times in a professional manner including dealings with officials and opposing coaches
- Maintain continued and consistent communication with alumni
- Schedule all non-conference opponents in a manner that meets both budgetary and competitive goals
- Support community service programs for student athletes
Line of Report: The Head Men’s Soccer Coach reports to Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of college soccer coaching and recruiting experience
- USSF “B” license or better or United Soccer Coaches Diploma National or better
- Master’s degree
- College playing experience
- First Aid, CPR, AED Certified
- Ability to obtain and maintain PA Act 153 background checks
- Possession of a valid U.S. Drivers’ License and ability to pass a Motor Vehicle Record check
- Include extensive travel, weekends, evenings and the transportation of students
- All faculty and staff (including contract workers) who are employed or engaged by Haverford College must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (to include a booster dose when eligible), and provide proof of vaccination, unless an exemption from this policy has been granted as an accommodation or otherwise.