Caldwell University invites applications for a full-time Acrobatics and Tumbling Head Coach and Administrator, Athletics. Responsible to the Assistant Vice President, Athletics, for serving as Athletic Administrator, Student-Athlete Development, Supervisor of athletic home events, and serving as Acrobatics and Tumbling Head Coach. Job duties include, but are not limited to;
Administrative Duties and Responsibilities
- Work with the Assistant Vice President, Athletics in the administration of the Athletics Department.
- Administer and supervise home athletic events and contests. Ensure staffing and the facility have been adequately prepared for events.
- Represent the University at conferences and local association meetings.
- Assist with supervising fitness center in absence of a manager. As needed.
- Monitoring Student-Athlete Development/Programming.
- Oversee Caldwell University Breaks Stigma (C.U.B.S) Mental Health Awareness Committee.
Coaching Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruiting prospective student-athletes and recommending students to receive athletic grant and aid scholarships.
- Enforcing and staying informed of Caldwell University, CACC, NCATA, and NCAA policies, rules and guidelines.
- Interviewing and recommending qualified candidates for any assistant acrobatics & tumbling coaches. Supervising and evaluating assistant coach(es).
- Ensuring accurate time-keeping records of all working hours, and submitting weekly time sheets for the entire coaching staff.
- Evaluating individual and team performances. Selecting and training leaders to represent their sport appropriately. Conducting mid and end season reviews, and holding exit meetings with all athletes.
- Managing the budget for travel and equipment and coordinating logistics
- Working with the Assistant Director of Student Welfare to actively monitor academic performance of student-athletes and facilitate remediation programs.
- Completing all reports required. Collaborating with the Vice President/Director of Athletics on any communication to athletes, parents, or faculty & staff including academic and athletic conflicts.
- Attend NCATA meetings, calls, organizational workshops, meetings as appropriate.
Knowledge equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus two to three years of effective experience in athletic coaching. Must possess certification in CPR and first aid, USA Gymnastics membership, successfully complete NCATA certifications, NCAA, and Division II recruiting test prior to off campus recruitment. Must possess a valid driver’s license and be available to work evenings and weekends as needed. The successful candidate will be able to handle confidential/sensitive information, have excellent communication skills, be attentive to details, able to prioritize and build effective relationships across the institution. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the university.
Believing that diversity contributes to academic excellence and to rich and rewarding communities, Caldwell University is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse faculty, staff and student body. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers our diversity and inclusion efforts, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply. Candidates must be willing to support the Catholic Dominican mission of the University.
Applicants must submit a cover letter of interest, resume (cv), and complete contact information (email address and phone number) for at least three professional references.