ABOUT GOUCHER COLLEGE:
Since its founding in 1885, Goucher College has been a place of innovation and excellence. As a private liberal arts college, Goucher is dedicated to teaching students to be complex problem-solvers prepared for the jobs of the future. Small class sizes, a rigorous curriculum, and dedicated faculty and staff allow for personalized mentorship for each student. Named one of the most innovative colleges in the country by U.S. News & World Report, Goucher is a leader in global education and was one of the first colleges in the country to offer 100% study abroad. Approximately 1,100 undergraduate and 900 graduate students form the close-knit and vibrant Goucher community.
Administer and manage all functions and oversight of the women's lacrosse programs. Provide an excellent, transformative student-athlete experience, demonstrate positive progress in competitive standing in the Landmark Conference, recruit student-athletes to the college and maintain roster standards (to be set annually by the athletic director)
Required: Bachelor's Degree
Preferred: Master's Degree
Required: 3 years coaching experience and proven track record of recruiting success Preferred: Collegiate playing experience, previous experience as a collegiate head coach
Ability to use basic word processing software, email, social media, departmental systems including FrontRush Other Skills, Abilities, Qualifications: Knowledge of NCAA DIII regulations
Salary Range: $62,464 - $73,487
Women's lacrosse coaching duties:
- ensure compliance with all institutional, conference, and NCAA standards; organize and conduct safe practice/training sessions, purchase and maintain equipment, schedule intercollegiate contests, monitor the academic progress and overall development of student-athletes; establish behavioral/social expectations for student-athletes participating in the women's lacrosse program; monitor athletic facilities for safety of all users during open hours
- Recruit women's lacrosse prospective student-athletes. The annual goal will be determined by the athletic director and sport administrator, in consultation with the head coach, and will be based on the current roster size, institutional priorities, and a three-year average of recruiting history
- Take on one additional administrative responsibility assigned each year by the Athletic Director - handling game management responsibilities for one fall sport and/or another duty as assigned.
- Engage in fundraising to supplement budgets and expenses; engage alumni network to maintain relationships and commitment to the program and institution.
- Supervise graduate assistant and volunteer assistant coaches. Provide mentorship and professional development
Goucher College is always on the lookout for top talent, resourceful, innovative, and dedicated individuals who will keep the College at the forefront of extraordinary education. As one of the nation's most progressive, innovative institutions of higher learning, we offer outstanding professional advantages, generous benefits, excellent perks, and a great work location!
The review of applications will begin immediately.
Please submit the following application materials online:
- Cover letter
- Contact information for three professional references
Candidates must be able to provide proof of eligibility to work in the USA. No Visa sponsorship is offered for this position.
Goucher College is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Quicklink to apply: https://goucher.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=153138