Responsible for planning and directing of the strength and conditioning activities of all athletic programs in the manner that upholds the philosophy and objectives of the University of Wisconsin-Superior Athletic Department.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Promotes the philosophy and objectives of the athletic department; to include adhering to and enforcing all departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University, the governing sport conference, and the NCAA.
• Constructs and oversees the strength and conditioning programs of all the athletic programs in
collaboration with the Head Coaches, including leading team and small group workouts designed to
enhance the performance of student-athletes and programs.
• Provide instruction and supervision of proper strength and conditioning activities and work in
collaboration with the sports medicine staff to develop and implement injury prevention and injury
rehabilitation programs for student-athletes.
• Coordinate and develop year-round strength and conditioning programming for student-athletes while providing in-person strength and conditioning programming for local student-athletes during the summer.
• Oversees selection, purchase, and maintenance of strength equipment within the guidelines of
departmental policies and procedures, as well as rules and regulations of the University and the NCAA.
• Supervises assigned assistant coaches and other support staff to ensure compliance to applicable rules, policies, and procedures outlined by the department, University and the NCAA.
• Upholds and enforces the standards and expectations of student-athletes as outlined in the Student-Athlete handbook.
• Cooperates with all Athletic Department staff members to enhance overall department operations and initiatives.
• Participates in public relations activities to include speaking engagements, television and radio interviews and press conferences, as approved or requested. Represents the Athletic Department at professional, civic, charitable and alumni events.