Manages and administers all aspects of the Swimming & Diving program within the University, Atlantic 10, and NCAA rules and regulations. Position #A02965
- Demonstrates integrity, leadership, a strong commitment, and ability to motivate, teach, counsel, and recruit academically qualified students.
- Assumes responsibility for the organization, coaching, and training of all practices and meets.
-Improves student-athletes skill development through practice and meets.
- Evaluates, identifies, and recruits quality student-athletes within the University, Atlantic 10 Conference, and NCAA policies.
- Hires, supervises, and trains assistant coaches.
-Tracks academic monitoring of student-athletes through their completion of graduation.
- Manages the annual operating budget and respective fundraising gift account.
- Oversees team travel, equipment, and supplies.
- Works with the Maroon Club and the development staff to raise funds and develop other fundraising activities to support the swimming and diving program.
- Organizes and coordinates the schedule for the Messmore Swimming Pool for M/W Swim & Dive, Water Polo, Open Swim, and more.
- Trains, schedules, and supervises lifeguards.
- Is responsible for the Pool Health and Safety Plan.
- Works in conjunction with University Facilities to coordinate and manage a comprehensive program of facility and water sanitation operations, equipment repair, and preventative maintenance.
- Monitors pool instrumentation and correct as needed the chemical feeders, filters, and the heating and cooling system.
- Ensures pool area cleanliness, monitoring of chemicals, enforcement of safety guidelines, and adherence to all Aquatic Center Rules.
- Maintains records of users on a daily and hourly basis and maintenance schedules.
- Ensures compliance with all NYC Aquatic regulations and all permits and equipment are up-to-date and code-compliant.
- Works with University Campus Operations to ensure the pool deck is cleaned regularly.
- Coordinates with Athletic Facilities for any facility needs for swimming, diving, and water polo programs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Strong interpersonal communication skills; computer skills; demonstrated integrity, leadership, and a thorough knowledge of the sport are required.
- Understanding and knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations.