Responsible for the overall management of Colorado College’s competitive Division III Women’s Volleyball program to include coaching, training, recruiting and providing leadership while upholding the mission of the department and the institution.
- Recruit and retain prospective student athletes while adhering to the philosophy of Colorado College and the appropriate NCAA Division III and conference rules.
- Administer the volleyball program within the rules and policies of Colorado College, the conference and the NCAA.
- Work with your sport supervisor in consultation with the Director of Athletics to identify clear vision, strategy and goals for the Volleyball program.
- Work with the Sport administrator and the budget manager to prepare and manage the annual budget with the goal of operating a balanced budget.
- Organize and administer the appropriate pre-season, in-season, and post-season duties to include but not limited to scheduling, making travel arrangements and contracting officials.
- Promote an environment and relationships with students, athletes, prospective students, and the Athletics Department staff that reflects inclusion and respect for diversity and equitable practices.
- The ability to effectively teach team and individual skills connected with team and player development.
- Work with the sports performance staff to insure a commitment to the health and safety of the student-athletes.
- Work with staff members to develop community outreach programs, correspond with alumni and engage in fundraising and promotion of Colorado College.
- Assist with home event management of athletic events as needed
- Hire, manage and evaluate assistant coaches and program staff.
- Actively support the college’s plan to be an antiracist institution by understanding, engaging with, and promoting diversity, inclusion, and equity in the college community.
- Promote a culture of safety and environmental protection by working in a safe manner; immediately reporting unsafe situations and accidents; following college procedures; and participating in appropriate safety training.
- Demonstrate environmental sustainability by using college resources wisely and supporting the college’s sustainability initiatives and innovation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree plus a minimum of three years volleyball coaching experience at the collegiate or comparable level; experience with effective leadership, coaching and recruiting skills; excellent communication, interpersonal and managerial skills; demonstrated ability to recruit qualified student-athletes, and ability to teach and mentor a diverse student body; ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with diverse constituents and from different cultural backgrounds; ability to develop antiracism terminology and language. Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record that is insurable by Colorado College’s motor vehicle insurance carrier. Must be able to travel extensively, via ground transportation as well as air travel.
Master’s Degree; five or more years of successful volleyball coaching experience; familiarity with issues in higher education and demonstrate techniques and a coaching philosophy appropriate for a Division III liberal arts institution.
Contact email for the posting? HR@ColoradoCollege.edu
Website to the job posting: https://employment.coloradocollege.edu/postings/5070