Macalester College, a NCAA Division III member of the Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference is accepting applications for the position of Head Women’s Basketball Coach. This position will be responsible for leading and directing all phases of a successful and competitive Women’s Basketball program.
- Direct and lead all phases of a successful and competitive Women’s Basketball program.
- Organize, prepare, and conduct safe and strategic training sessions and competitive strategies.
- Execute appropriate coaching decisions during practices and competitions that ensure the welfare, health, safety, and success of the student athletes representing their program.
- Develop a successful recruiting plan that shows results for the recruitment, yield, and retention.
- Oversee, monitor, and balance the budget and all financial operations of the Women’s Basketball program.
- Hire, supervise, and evaluate assistant coaches for the Women’s Basketball program.
- Represents the College and its athletics program, with honesty, integrity and sportsmanship at all times, to various institutional programs and students, parents, the general public, alumni and external agencies.
- Develop a positive, professional relationship with officials, league personnel, and coaching colleagues.
- Direct and/or assist with the preparation and event management needs at home competitive events.
- Assist in the coordination of special events including recruiting, alumni, Mac Hac, and student-athlete recognition functions.
- Work in an effective manner with other departments to aid in the development of a positive student athlete experience.
- Ability to work creatively and collaboratively with faculty, staff, students, and parents from diverse ethnic, cultural, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
For best consideration, please submit resume and cover letter in one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage no later than May 10, 2019. Review of applications will begin immediately. This posting will remain open until filled. All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Ashley Ellingson, Talent Acquisition Manager
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphases on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.