Head Women's Golf Coach
Job No: 497017
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
The Head Women's Golf Coach at Bucknell University is responsible for the management and administration of all phases of the varsity intercollegiate sport program and team, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Patriot League. This includes the instruction and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I women's golf program. This position is a 10-month head coaching position. Compensation package to include monthly salary, 12-month individual limited benefits, and possibility for summer camp(s)/personal lessons.
- Schedule and conduct regular practice sessions (traditional & non-traditional seasons). Coach the team during scheduled events. Determine and implement the strategies necessary to motivate the team to maximum levels of individual and team performance.
- Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport actively seeking new methods and strategies.
- Maintain continuing and thorough familiarity with all applicable NCAA rules and the rules and regulations of Bucknell University, and be responsible for compliance with all NCAA rules.
- Be accountable for expense control compliance and administration of the sport's budget.
- Work with proper departmental personnel in regard to all arrangements for team travel, practice and competition.
- Scout and recruit quality student-athletes and coordinate all recruiting activities with appropriate athletics administration. Develop a working relationship with the faculty and University staff to assist in the recruiting process.
- Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
- Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
- Establish and ensure communication and enforcement of rules and regulations regarding student-athlete conduct, appearance and behavior.
- Assist in enforcement of departmental policies on study programs and require class attendance and completion of work missed due to intercollegiate competition.
- Demonstrate support for all other sports programs, intramural programs, and other functions of the University and the department.
- Participate in fundraising activities as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Attend all required departmental meetings as assigned, including but not limited to, Compliance Education, Head Coaches, Development and programming.
- Work collaboratively with all support offices both in the Department and on Campus, i.e. Sports Information, Athletic Training, Admissions.
- Be responsible for all travel arrangements for team; including insuring safe transportation to the contest site and back to campus.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
-Valid US drivers license
-Obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid certifications
- Collegiate playing and/or coaching experience.
-Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives.
- Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This is a full-time, 10-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3027449
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.