Recruits prospective student-athletes, provides game-day coaching, and practice preparation, as well as program administrative responsibilities within the Athletics Department.
The Head Coach is charged with several major duties in connection with the Women’s Ice Hockey program, including:
- Responsible for building a new program to start competition within the New England Women’s Hockey Alliance for the 2021-2022 season.*
- Serves as a critical leader in fostering a campus culture in which differences are embraced and works to advance the College’s mission of diversity and inclusion.*
- Ability to recruit highly qualified prospective student-athletes who demonstrate the potential to be successful academically and productive contributors to the women’s ice hockey program.*
- Mentor and monitor student-athlete development both in and out of the rink; ensuring academic and athletic success, citizenship, sportsmanship and positive values consistent with the mission of Stonehill College.*
- Responsible for game strategy, game day coaching, and practice preparation in accordance with NCAA and Conference regulations.*
- Manage associate/assistant coaches and interns working directly with the program, including hiring, supervision and scheduling.*
- Maintain the program’s operating budget and the development and implementation of a fundraising strategic plan.*
- Maintain relationships with all facets of the Department of Athletics, including the athletic training/strength and conditioning staff, compliance coordinator, athletic communications staff, home events coordinator and all other staff members responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Department of Athletics.*
- Promote the Department of Athletics and ice hockey program through community events, public speaking, fundraising, and marketing.*
- Ensure compliance with all policies, rules and regulations set forth by Stonehill College, the NCAA, and the Division I – II New England Women’s Hockey Alliance.*
Successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree and previous coaching experience.
Driver’s License Required.
To apply for this position, please visit: https://jobs.stonehill.edu/postings/19682