Colgate boasts 25 Division I teams and a tradition of excellence that inspires our student-athletes to high achievement on and off the playing fields. Colgate University invites applications for the position of Head Women's Lacrosse Coach.
• Responsible for strategic leadership of all activities and outcomes for the Colgate Women’s Lacrosse program. These will include sustained performance and execution in the following areas:
◦ athletic instruction
◦ student-athlete development
◦ student-athlete welfare
◦ competition preparation
◦ team management
◦ scheduling conference and nonconference competitions
◦ roster management
◦ competitive outcomes
◦ responsible for hiring and oversight of assistant coaches
• Responsible for recruitment and management of student-athletes to include sustained performance in the following areas:
◦ attracting and evaluating the best fit prospective student-athletes
◦ strategic allocation of scholarship and admission resources, if applicable
◦ ensuring student-athlete academic progress and well-being
◦ ensuring student-athletes adhere to institutional policies and code of conduct
• Accountable for creating a culture of compliance within program to all relevant governing bodies to include:
◦ specific conference
◦ athletic department
◦ university policies
• Responsible for budget development and management.
• Effectively support and contribute to athletics fundraising efforts
• Responsible for the effective supervision of staff as assigned. Ensures selection and hiring of high quality employees; ensures appropriate distribution of work assignments and high quality of employee work product; ensures fair and accurate performance assessments and feedback to include identifying areas for professional development and documenting and conducting disciplinary measures, as needed. Responsible for providing fair and accurate input to supervisor regarding employment status (hire, promotion, salary increases, termination); ensures the creation of effective opportunities and programs for employee mentoring, development and sustained performance.
• Ensures positive relationships and communication between the program and key stakeholders, to include alumni, local community, fans, parents, faculty and other University constituents. As directed, required to effectively support athletics fundraising efforts.
• Responsible for role modeling positive behaviors and leadership for student-athletes
Colgate Athletics Mission:
- To be an inclusive community of competitive excellence
Athletics Department Values:
- Thoughtful – Careful, reasoned, inclusive thinking
- Driven – Relentless, energetic, focused pursuit of courageous goal
- Enthusiastic – Passionate, positive, fun presence
- Cohesive – Close—knit, collaborative, consistent teamwork
- Bold – Creative, resourceful, fearless winners
- Candidate must demonstrate a significant knowledge of lacrosse, proven success in coaching lacrosse at the collegiate or an equivalently high level, the ability to recruit, develop and motivate Division I student-athletes, a strong commitment to the academic success of student-athletes, knowledge and commitment to University, Conference and NCAA regulations, good communication skills, and strong leadership.
- A current valid driver’s license, in accordance with the University’s Driver Safety and Motor Vehicle Use Policy is required.
- Bachelor’s degree is required.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
To see the full description and to apply, go to http://careers.colgate.edu/postings/2092.
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Colgate University not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of their race, color, creed, religion, age, sex, pregnancy, national origin, marital status, disability, protected Veterans status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, being or having been victims of domestic violence or stalking, familial status, or any other categories covered by law. Colgate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, women, persons with disabilities, and protected veterans are encouraged to apply.