Macalester College, a highly selective liberal arts college, seeks to hire a Head Women's Soccer Coach to lead and direct all phases of a successful and competitive NCAA Division III Program. Macalester College aims to hire those that share our college values of excellence in education, multiculturalism and service to society. We aspire to hire a coach that will invest in the success and holistic wellbeing of our entire student athlete population and provide a highly competitive athletic experience for the students we serve. This is a full-time, twelve month position that reports to the Athletics Director, evening and weekend hours are required.
- Organizes, prepares, and conducts safe and strategic individual and team training sessions and competitive strategies. Executes appropriate coaching decisions during practice and competition that ensure the welfare of the student athletes representing their program.
- Understand and support students who are balancing multiple responsibilities as students and athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Develops and incorporates a comprehensive recruiting plan that shows successful results for the recruitment, yield and retention of academically and athletically qualified student-athletes in a rigorous academic environment.
- Oversees, monitors, and balances the budget and all financial operations of the program. Develops an effective competitive schedule for the program within the budget parameters.
- Hires, supervises, evaluates and supports professional development of assistant coaches. Completes paperwork necessary for the hiring process in a timely fashion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Masters preferred.
- Valid driver’s license required.
- 3-5 years of college coaching or competitive club coaching experience with recruiting is preferred
- Designing and implementing strategic practice and competition plans
- Creating an effective, sustainable, and results-oriented recruitment plan
- Fostering a positive, organized and enriching experience for the student athletes
- Excellent customer service, communication and interpersonal skills. Must be able to communicate effectively, orally and in writing, with a diverse group of students, faculty and staff, with a commitment to equity, inclusion and diversity.