Reporting to the Director of Athletics, the Head Women’s Soccer Coach provides leadership and direction for the college’s women’s soccer team, including but not limited to program budgeting, student recruitment, training and development of staff and players. The Head Women’s Soccer Coach is responsible for the development of student-athletes both on and off the field and supports the mission of Division III athletics, and the mission of the college.
• Recruit and evaluate high school and college athletes within college admissions and NCAA Division III guidelines;
• Comprehend the NCAA Division III philosophy emphasizing academic, athletics;
• Coordinate information exchanges with conference & non-conference opponents;
• Provide on field coaching of athlete skill development;
• Coordinate the planning of practice sessions;
• Monitor academic progress by student athletes involving grade reports, study skill development, and counseling;
• Coordinate team travel and logistics, including vehicles, lodging, and meals;
• Coordinate scouting opponents;
• Coordinate fund-raising programs to augment operations budget;
• Maintain parent and alumnae communication;
• Manage and maintain equipment inventory;
• Oversee actions and development of assistant coaches;
• Accept additional duties assigned by the Athletics Director.
•Comply with all NCAA Division III, Southern Athletics Association (SAA), and Millsaps College guidelines;
• Partner with the Department of Athletics and Division of Student Life to find new and exciting ways to energize the scholastics-sports environment at Millsaps College;
• Accept game-day administrator obligations each semester, if necessary;
• Organize community service activities for team members and coaches;
• Participate in various other areas of interest for the College and Athletics.
Millsaps College is an equal opportunity employer. It is the policy of Millsaps College to offer equal educational and employment opportunities to all persons without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Eligibility for employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background screening.
Interested persons should apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter, resume and a list of three professional references with complete contact information. No phone calls.
The review of applications will take place immediately and will continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date, but negotiable, is July 11, 2022.