Notre Dame Athletics is committed to building a diverse workforce passionate about maximizing the student-athlete experience. Our pillars of Education; Excellence; Faith; Tradition; and Community guide us in the work we do each day. We are eager to attract, recruit, and retain individuals who positively contribute to a collaborative, inclusive working environment where all may thrive.
Building on the University’s Spirit of Inclusion, we are committed to the work needed to cultivate sustainable progress and change. As a prospective member of Notre Dame Athletics, we encourage you to apply if you embrace, embody, and demonstrate a commitment to the aforementioned values.
The Operations Program Director will serve as a member of the Facilities and Event/Game Management Unit.
This role will:
- Serve as the primary Event Management System (EMS) specialist for the Athletics Department.
- Maximize the use of EMS and related applications in support of the division’s objectives.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Athletics Department’s processes specific to EMS and related applications.
- Continue to drive efficiency through ongoing collaboration with unit leaders to identify and address process gaps.
- Develop a strong partnership with UEE, OIT and other campus partners to help establish a community of standards concerning the use of EMS and supporting applications.
- Hold athletics department EMS users accountable for entering event information in a consistent, accurate, and timely manner.
- Provide new and ongoing EMS training to athletics department staff users.
- Directing all facets of game day for select sporting events; as well as assist members of the Department with additional sporting events where collaboration is essential.
- Manage, direct and deploy staffing in all necessary areas for each event with having the safety and security for all working staff, student-athletes and patrons at the utmost importance.
- Oversight of summer camps administration and working with management staff to ensure all camps are adhering to University, Department, State and Federal guidelines.
- Position will be responsible for managing card access process for the department to include not limited to granting access, creating levels of access and working with appropriate facility managers for access control.
- Plan, execute, and manage mid-major special events on behalf of the athletics department (e.g. UA Flag Football championships, etc.).
- Additionally, this position will play an integral role and work closely with athletics leadership in the management of major revenue generating athletic events on campus (e.g. Liverpool FC, NHL Winter Classic) as well as with the overall planning and execution of the Shamrock Series weekend as well as other special University events.
- This individual will be responsible to collaborate and partner with numerous University departments and external partners, which will be paramount to ensure successful execution and continuous improvement of special events.
- Provide oversight of the Usher Program to determine annual and on-going training, staffing levels and placement of staff.
- Working with the spectator experience/premium services staff to interface with coaches, student-athletes, visiting teams and fans.
- Develop a comprehensive program that addresses customer service/improvement, security and safety and training components.
- Other duties as assigned by the Senior Associate Athletics Director, Facilities, Events and Revenue
- Bachelor’s degree in business or sport administration or related field.
- 5 to 6 years related experience in facility and game/event management.
- Knowledge of NCAA/ACC rules and regulations.
- Knowledge in customer service and training programs.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ability to multi-task effectively, good interpersonal skills, ability to create a team environment required.
- The ability to think outside the box. Strong organizational skills essential.
- Prior experience managing EMS or similar scheduling systems.
- Background in managing mid to large range athletics and special events.