Notre Dame Athletics is committed to building a diverse workforce passionate about maximizing the student-athlete experience. Our pillars of Education; Excellence; Faith; Tradition and Community guide us in the inclusive work we do each and every day and we are eager to attract individuals who can positively contribute to that work. We firmly believe we can all create change together locally and be a catalyst for change nationally through our StaND Together commitment to Listen, Amplify, Focus, Diversify, Engage and Vote.
As a member of the Notre Dame Athletics Sales, Service and Retention team the Sr. Account Specialist is primarily responsible for driving revenue and achieving pre-determined sales goals around securing and retaining football, men’s and women’s basketball and hockey ticket and hospitality revenue including but not limited to club seats, corporate boxes, community clubs, full and partial season memberships, hospitality packages, VIP experiences, incremental events and group ticket packages. This position is responsible for interacting with higher level customers, corporations and prospects. We are seeking an experienced team member with a positive, results-oriented approach to collegiate ticket sales, who can communicate clearly across all platforms and work diligently to identify new season ticket prospects. This position is responsible for a book of 500+ clients and is expected to generate hundreds of thousands of dollars in sales annually).
- Responsible for offering a full menu of seating and hospitality opportunities for Notre Dame football, men’s basketball, women’s basketball and hockey. Identify and manage a portfolio of 500+ season ticket members, alumni and fans with a specific affiliation to Notre Dame athletics. Execute outbound sales calls on all potential customers through prospecting, cold calling, and referrals from existing customers. The candidate will be accountable for certain levels of activity (calls made/appointments set) and achieving pre-determined sales goals. Using primarily online digital strategies, in addition to phone and in-person outreach, the candidate will be required to cultivate client relationships with Notre Dame athletics. Set and conduct in stadium, arena and out of office sales appointments.
- Assist with managing and stewarding existing season ticket members. Serve as a main point of contact for general athletic ticket inquiries that come in through inbound phone calls, email and social media. Work in conjunction with Notre Dame’s ticketing staff to promote and generate sales on all events while providing a great fan experience.
- Effectively use Salesforce/CRM to maintain accurate records of all clients and prospect interactions.
- Bachelor’s degree (business, marketing or communications preferred)
- 3 to 4 years experience
- Prior experience working in professional, collegiate sports or entertainment industry is a plus
- Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills, with the ability to interact comfortably and effectively with internal and external customers
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to handle heavy volume of outbound and inbound phone calls and emails
- Excellent interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in software programs including Salesforce/CRM and Paciolan
- Strong time management and organizational skills with an attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team-oriented, “service-first” environment
- Competitive desire to be the best
- Must be willing to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays