WeCOACH is inviting applications and nominations for a Chief Executive Officer (CEO) to lead a dynamic 501 (c) (3) tax-exempt nonprofit organization whose primary purpose is to recruit, advance and retain women coaches of all sports and levels. The CEO is responsible for the visionary leadership and oversight of WeCOACH including ensuring resource management and revenue acquisition. The CEO reports to the WeCOACH Board of Directors and works closely with members of the professional staff and the Executive Committee of the WeCOACH Board of Directors. The CEO will also work in partnership with the standing committees to develop and implement goals for WeCOACH in alignment with the organization’s strategic vision.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop a strategic vision for WeCOACH including goals and measurable objectives.
- Research, develop and implement a sustainable business model that may include, but is not limited to an appropriate merger or acquisition.
- Interface with the Board of Directors to develop and shape an organizational vision that aligns with the strategic vision for WeCOACH.
- Partner with the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategies and programs to increase fundraising, membership fees, grants, and sponsorships.
- Foster an atmosphere of equity, diversity and inclusion in the organization and all programs and events.
- Ensure that the perspective of women coaches is heard and considered whenever appropriate, ensuring vibrancy of the women coaches WeCOACH
- Determine the use or resources to support goals and objectives through the development, management and implementation of an annual operating budget.
- Develop and implement long-term financial planning for WeCOACH. Ensure that the use of all resources is congruent with the highest standards of fiscal accountability and ethical conduct.
- Develop and implement branding, marketing and promotional activities to increase revenue sources and support for WeCOACH.
- Collaborate with the Board of Directors to develop strategies for effective recruitment and retention of Board members.
- Refine the WeCOACH organizational structure to ensure effective management of the professional staff and their respective areas of responsibility.
- Provide visionary leadership and serve as a resource to the WeCOACH professional staff ensuring accomplishment of goals and inspiring a culture of excellence. Ensure all professional staff members have position descriptions, annual written and verbal performance assessments and provide mentoring and professional development as appropriate.
- Represent WeCOACH at conference and national athletic governance association meetings.
- Produce reports on the status of WeCOACH programs and events. Provide verbal and written reports to the Board of Directors as requested by the President.
- Work in coordination with the WeCOACH Finance Committee to complete and submit all required financial reports on an annual basis.
- Ensure WeCOACH complies with the applicable federal, state and local laws and adheres to its mission and bylaws.
- Engage in community service, public relations and other outreach activities that enhance WeCOACH.
- Conform to the highest standards of professional conduct regarding compliance with non-profit best practices, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to the maintenance of good working relationships with all professional staff, members of the Board of Directors and external constituents through a positive and constructive approach to all assignments, respectful collaboration and appropriate conflict management skills.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the WeCOACH President and Board of Directors.
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s Degree is required; Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Athletics Administration, Sports Management, J.D. or related field preferred.
- Minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience as a business executive and/or athletics administrator in college athletics, non-profit organizations or similar for-profit setting.
- Demonstrated success in revenue generating and outreach activities; a proven record as a successful friend and fundraiser.
- Demonstrated experience in vision setting, strategic planning and long-term goal setting.
- Ability to balance short-term objectives and long-term organizational vision.
- Strong budget management and fiscally responsible approach to budgeting.
- Demonstrated management experience, including recruiting, selecting and evaluating personnel.
- Proven record of outstanding leadership, including demonstrated ability to mentor and support staff.
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Knowledge of non-profit best practices and experience with non-profit organizations.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to cultivate and maintain collaborative partnerships.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Intermediate level computer skills using MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, Outlook and ZOOM.
- Experience in marketing and brand management is preferred.
The successful candidate must complete a background check prior to being offered the position. Interested candidates should submit a formal application to email@example.com. Cary S. Groth, CEO, The PICTOR Group and M. Dianne Murphy, Ph.D. Vice President, The PICTOR Group are facilitating the search. For full consideration, application materials should be submitted by January 7, 2022. A letter of application, resume and names and contact information of five references are required. Review of candidates will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
For additional information please contact Cary S. Groth at (775) 233 9725 OR Dianne Murphy at (646) 670 7998
Equal Opportunity Employment
WeCOACH is an Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, medical condition, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other basis protected by law.