NCAA Academy 2.0
You asked, we listened. For NCAA Women Coaches Academy graduates only, we have developed the NCAA Academy 2.0 to help take your coaching game to the next level. And, for the first-time ever, we have extended it to 4-days. Remember that sense of community, passion, and renewed sense of joy for coaching you experienced at the NCAA WCA? We invite you to apply for this master learning opportunity – in a small class setting – which progresses on the skills, strategies, and knowledge gained from your WCA session.
Applications are now closed. If interested in being added to the wait-list, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
MARCH 18 UPDATE:
For anyone who received communication from the NCAA national office yesterday, or were forwarded the information from your AD, SWA or sport administrator, regarding national office operations, it listed several NCAA events which have been canceled or moved to virtual gatherings. Please note, the Basketball Coaches Academy is a separate event. At this time, the NCAA Academy 2.0 remains as scheduled.
MARCH 15 UPDATE:
In an effort to be proactive, the WeCOACH staff is continuing to monitor the latest developments in the COVID-19 outbreak as it could potentially impact the upcoming sessions of the NCAA Women Coaches Academy and NCAA Academy 2.0. We are in touch with the NCAA and are monitoring the latest updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Presently, we intend to hold all sessions of the Academies as scheduled.
- NCAA WCA #49 (May 27-30, 2020)
- NCAA Academy 2.0 #5 (May 27-30, 2020)
- NCAA WCA #50 (June 24-27, 2020)
We will continue to make decisions based on the recommendations of the appropriate medical authorities, the NCAA advisory panel and staff with the health and safety of our attendees and presenters in mind. We do not have a timetable for when, or if, a decision to cancel might be determined. Given the uncertainty of the COVID-19 outbreak severity and length, we are doing all we can to stay abreast of the latest developments. We will promptly communicate any changes via email and post important updates here.
Currently, our cancellation policy remains in effect.
NCAA COVID-19 resources
2020 NCAA Academy 2.0
May 27-30, 2020
This is the only NCAA Academy 2.0 session to be held in 2020.
Requirements to Apply for NCAA Academy 2.0
- You must be a graduate from the NCAA Women Coaches Academy.
- You must be a woman coach, strength-conditioning coach, or director of operations of an NCAA Division I, II, or III sponsored-sport or emerging sport.
- You must be a WeCOACH member (or become a member) to be eligible for the NCAA Academy 2.0. Learn more about membership options. Not sure if your membership is current? Login to your account or contact us.
- You must be available to attend the entire NCAA Academy 2.0, no exceptions (begins at 1:00pm MT on Day 1; concludes at 1:00pm MT on Day 4).
Cost to Attend the NCAA 2.0 Academy
- 3 nights hotel, all meals/snacks, and training materials are included
- Each coach is responsible for roundtrip travel to/from Denver, including ground transportation to/from the hotel. Once on-site, no vehicle is needed. All sessions are held on-site.
* NCAA grant funding covers all other additional costs associated with attendance at NCAA Academy 2.0
What Coaches Are Saying About Attending the NCAA Academy 2.0
Attending Academy 2.0 was another taste of powerful female leaders. I am so thankful WeCOACH provides a platform for all of us to come together and learn from one another. Yet again, just like the WCA, there were fabulous presenters that were open, knowledgeable and empowering. It was a refreshing and challenging experience. I walked away with new mentors, resources and the motivation to continue to grow.
– Roz Ellis, U of Iowa, Assistant Field Hockey Coach, Academy 2.0 class #2
Academy 2.0 was an extremely worthwhile experience that has positively impacted my journey as a coach and leader. The staff created an environment that fostered personal and professional growth, while providing valuable ideas for me to improve my program, and to continue to empower the coaching community. In our profession today, we often lose sight of the value of community, and Academy 2.0 emphasized the importance of community as we move forward toward creating sustainability and longevity in coaching.
– Jen Klein, U of Michigan, Head Women’s Soccer Coach, Academy 2.0 class #1
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
All cancellations subject to a 15% non-refundable administration fee. Cancellation requests received more than sixty (60) days prior to the event are eligible for a full refund less administration fee. Cancellation requests received thirty (30) to sixty (60) days prior to the event are eligible for a 50% refund less administration fee. Cancellation requests made within thirty (30) days prior to the event are non-refundable and may not be applied to future event registrations, no exceptions. Cancellation requests must be made in writing. Please contact us with your request.