NCAA Academy 2.0
For NCAA Women Coaches Academy graduates only, in 2018 we launched the NCAA Academy 2.0 to help take your coaching game to the next level. Remember that sense of community, passion, and renewed sense of joy for coaching you experienced at the NCAA WCA? We invite you to apply for this master learning opportunity. In a small class setting this next-level, multi-day transformational training builds upon and advances the leadership skills, strategies, and knowledge gained from attending WCA. NCAA Academy 2.0 will take place May 21-23, 2023 in Denver, CO. An active WeCOACH Membership is required to apply and participate.
2023 ACADEMY 2.0 APPLICATIONS NOW OPEN!
Applications Accepted: January 4 – February 17
Class #6 Selected: Week of February 20
Class #6 Notified via Email: February 24
Scholarship Recipients Notified: February 24
Tuition Payment Due: March 3
First Class Email (pre-work, checklist, etc.): March 20
NCAA Academy 2.0 Begins: May 21
2023 NCAA Academy 2.0
ACADEMY 2.0 CLASS #6
May 21-23, 2023
Applications close February 17, 2023
Cost to Attend the NCAA 2.0 Academy
- $750 Academy tuition plus each participant is responsible for round-trip travel to/from Denver, including ground transportation to/from the hotel. Once on-site, no vehicle is needed. All sessions are held on-site.
- NCAA grant funding covers all other on-site expenses associated with attendance at the NCAA Women Coaches Academy including two (2) nights hotel, meals/snacks, and training materials. Participants will be assigned 1 roommate to share a hotel room or have the option of paying an additional $278 for two nights in a single/individual hotel room. Participants requiring more than two nights hotel may pay an additional $139/night.
Requirements to Apply for NCAA Academy 2.0
- You must be a graduate of the NCAA Women Coaches Academy.
- You must be a current collegiate woman coach (of a sponsored-sport or emerging sport), strength & conditioning coach, and/or director of operations at a two-year or four-year collegiate institution such as NCAA Division I, II, or III, community college, NJCAA, NAIA, etc.
- You must be a current WeCOACH member. Not a member? Sign up today!
- If you are a current member and haven’t created an account in our new membership platform, please click here before applying to create your account.
What Coaches Are Saying About Attending the NCAA Academy 2.0
“The true value of this program cannot be measured. The WCA happened at exactly the right time for me to develop my coaching philosophy, identify my value in the profession, and understand some of the challenges I was facing. I do not think I would still be coaching without this experience. Academy 2.0 might just have the same impact. This is a totally necessary part of moving the needle and I’m eternally grateful for the connections and relationships built at this event. The passion you can feel in the folks hosting makes the academy extra special. These are incredible people doing important work.”
–Maria Stuber, The College of St. Scholastica, Head Coach, Men’s and Women’s Nordic Skiing, Academy 2.0 Class #5
“This is the most impactful professional development I have ever attended. The environment fostered by the facilitators creates the opportunity for deep connection and growth. The speakers are of the highest quality and the intimate sessions lead to elite development.”
– Samantha Schall, Head Coach, Men’s & Women’s Tennis, Grand Valley State University, Academy 2.0 Class #5
Attending Academy 2.0 was another taste of powerful female leaders. I am so thankful WeCOACH provides a platform for all of us to come together and learn from one another. Yet again, just like the WCA, there were fabulous presenters that were open, knowledgeable and empowering. It was a refreshing and challenging experience. I walked away with new mentors, resources and the motivation to continue to grow.
– Roz Ellis, Stanford University, Head Field Hockey Coach, Academy 2.0 class #2
Academy 2.0 was an extremely worthwhile experience that has positively impacted my journey as a coach and leader. The staff created an environment that fostered personal and professional growth, while providing valuable ideas for me to improve my program, and to continue to empower the coaching community. In our profession today, we often lose sight of the value of community, and Academy 2.0 emphasized the importance of community as we move forward toward creating sustainability and longevity in coaching.
– Jen Klein, U of Michigan, Head Women’s Soccer Coach, Academy 2.0 class #1
Cecile Reynaud Coaching Mastery Award
The Cecile Reynaud Coaching Mastery Award recognizes a participant at each Academy 2.0 who embodies the characteristics of Coach Reynaud: leadership, commitment to personal development, and the advancement of others, and a deep care and respect for the game. This award is granted via nomination by fellow classmates.
The 2022 Cecile Reynaud Coaching Mastery Award recipient from NCAA Academy 2.0 Class #6:
Valerie Lohr, St. Mary’s Upper Hall School, Head Coach, Field Hockey
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
All cancellations subject to a 15% non-refundable administration fee. Cancellation requests received more than sixty (60) days prior to the event are eligible for a full refund less administration fee. Cancellation requests received thirty (30) to sixty (60) days prior to the event are eligible for a 50% refund less administration fee. Cancellation requests made within thirty (30) days prior to the event are non-refundable and may not be applied to future event registrations, no exceptions. Cancellation requests must be made in writing. Please contact us with your request.
2022 Class #5 Participants
|Sofie Aagaard||Cal Poly San Luis Obispo|
|Tracie Adix-Zins||DePaul University|
|Beverly Biancur||North Carolina Wesleyan College|
|Jeannette Boudway||Smith College|
|Amanda Caldwell||Georgia Southern University|
|Carly Dockendorf||University of Utah|
|Kristy Duncan||Loras College|
|Kelly Gallagher||University of Tampa|
|Mesha Levister||North Carolina Central University|
|Valerie Lohr||Saint Mary’s Hall Upper School|
|Kimberly McGowan||Austin Peay State University|
|Katherine Menendez||Colorado College|
|Lacey Phillips||Allegheny College|
|Samantha Schall||Grand Valley State University|
|Rosanna Sguerra||Kenyon College|
|Maria Stuber||The College of St. Scholastica|