High School Women Coaches Leadership Academy
You asked, we listened. In 2021 we launched our first virtual High School Women Coaches Leadership Academy just for you! Within our community of coaches at the high school level and across all sports, we recognize the challenges you face to stay and advance in the profession.
Modeled after our longstanding premier NCAA Women Coaches Academy, this 2-day virtual program is aimed at providing leadership and development programming to assist you in reaching team and individual success.
July 26-27, 2022
2022 High School Women Coaches Leadership Academy Participants
|Pam Baker||Burlingame Rec|
|Janelle Beningo||Cleveland High School|
|Samantha Brayer||Holy Names Academy|
|Nora Brooks||Ursuline Academy|
|Victoria Brown||Waynesville High School|
|Kim Brydges||Boise High School|
|Katherine Bucklin Stearns||Kearsarge Regional High School|
|Sierra Burris||Bay High School|
|Amanda Chamberlain||Fall Mountain Regional School District|
|Tamara Clayton||Crew Haven Youth Rowing|
|Latavia Coleman||Howard High School|
|Dana Cooper||Volleyball Elite Academy|
|Brandy Davis||Delmar High School|
|Ajai DeBose||Germantown Friends School|
|Dawn Dennis||Hayden High School|
|Angie Dewey||Walled Lake Western High School|
|Sabrina Douglass||Des Moines North High School|
|Mary Dye||Eastview High School|
|Margo Flack||Cardinal Gibbons High School|
|Sandra Flinn||Harlingen CISD|
|Meg Glascott-Birch||The Baldwin School|
|Michelle Hancock||Visitation Academy|
|Leslie Hewlett||Mercer Island High School|
|Victoria Hilliard||Cardinal Gibbons|
|Erica Hixson||Wright City High School|
|Alex Holowach||The Chapin School|
|Alyssa Ilgenfritz||St. Dominic High School|
|Blair Ingraham||St. George’s School|
|Madeline Johnson||Lone Jack School District|
|Dana Krilich||Niles West High School|
|Patricia Machemer||Dexter High School|
|Karla Mahoney||Greater Lawrence Technical School|
|Kelly Massino||Our Lady of Good Counsel High School|
|Carson Mathews||Moore High School|
|Sheri McLeod||Hastings High School|
|Jane Morrisey||Milford Public Schools|
|Monique Paris||William C Overfelt High School|
|Na’Shawnda Peterson||Midwest Takeover|
|Shawheta Pickett||River Rouge High School|
|Shayla Pott||Webster Groves High School|
|Joya Puryear||Renaissance High School|
|Sharnay Ratchford||Germantown Friends|
|Margo Rettig||Ralston Valley High School|
|Danielle Rice||Geneseo Central School|
|Simonette Sancho||King’s Schools|
|Angela Stephenson||Capitol Hill High School|
|Gussie Solomon||Ridgeview High School|
|Erin Taylor||Hillcrest High School|
|Kelly Taylor||Eden Prairie High School|
|Faifuaina Tuaila||Eureka High School|
|Jen Viana||Cushing Academy|
|Courtney Ward||Park Crossing High School|
|Coralita Williams||Blue Ridge High School|
|Roniece Williams||Seaford High School|
|Jennifer Willis||Cushing Academy|
|Corri Wilson||Manchester High School West|
- Registration priority will be given to current women coaches (Head, Assistant, Associate or Volunteer), strength & conditioning coach or athletic trainer at the High School or Club level (coaching grades 9-12)*.
- Aspiring high school/club coaches and allies may register and will be selected to attend if space is available.
- All participants must be a WeCOACH member (membership required to register for the Academy). Not a member? Sign up here!
- If you are a current member and haven’t created an account in our new membership platform, please click here before registering to create your account.
*If you attended the 2021 High School Women Coaches Leadership Academy you are welcome to attend again, but please understand some sessions will be similar.
A limited number of complimentary one-year WeCOACH memberships provided by Hudl are available on a first come, first served basis.
Sign up here and use coupon code HSComp (valid for Coach-2 member level). You must register and pay for participation in the virtual HS Academy ($70 registration fee) if using the complimentary membership code.
Cost to Participate
- $70 Academy tuition
- $59 membership (must be a WeCOACH member to register for the Academy)
- Academy & membership registration separate
Membership: A limited number of complimentary one-year WeCOACH memberships provided by Hudl are available on a first come, first served basis. Sign up here and use coupon code HSComp (valid for Coach-2 member level). You must register and pay for participation in the virtual HS Academy ($70 registration fee) if using the complimentary membership code.
Not a member? Sign up here!
- Each day will start at 12:00pm ET and run until approximately 6:30pm ET.
- The full schedule will be provided to registered participants at a later date.
- All sessions are mandatory.
- To protect the integrity of the authentic conversations that transpire, sessions will not be recorded.
Session Topics Include:
- Relating to Today’s Student-Athlete: Effectively Coaching Gen Z
- Let’s Talk About YOU: A Conversation Around Coach Mental Health & Emotional Well-Being
- Timely Issues Impacting High School Athletics
- The Power of Being the Only Woman in the Room
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion: Creating a Culture of Belonging
- Embracing Title IX: What Coaches Need to Know
- Understanding the Recruiting Landscape for High School Coaches
- Leadership Best Practices for Establishing and Maintaining Relationships
*Please note the above times are subject to change until schedule is finalized.
Our partner Hudl, has generously provided full-tuition scholarships for five High School women coaches of color to participate in the High School Women Coaches Leadership Academy. Scholarships include a one-year WeCOACH membership.
Scholarships will be randomly selected and awarded prior to the start of the High School Women Coaches Leadership Academy.
You must be a woman of color who is a coach, strength-conditioning coach, or athletic trainer at the High School or Club level.
CANCELLATION AND REFUND POLICY
All cancellations subject to a 15% non-refundable administration fee. Cancellation requests received more than sixty (60) days prior to the event are eligible for a full refund less administration fee. Cancellation requests received thirty (30) to sixty (60) days prior to the event are eligible for a 50% refund less administration fee. Cancellation requests made within thirty (30) days prior to the event are non-refundable and may not be applied to future event registrations, no exceptions. Cancellation requests must be made in writing. Please contact us with your request.
2022 FACULTY INCLUDES: