2022-23 Book Club
Winning Ways of Women Coaches
Welcome to the WeCOACH Book Club!
- Are you a casual or passionate reader looking to make connections and build your network with coaches while engaging in interactive book discussions?
- Are you seeking more accountability to actually read an entire book and stay focused on the content that can help you make improvements?
- Do you desire to learn from some of the world’s winningest women coaches?
If you answered “YES” to any of the questions, then the WeCOACH Book Club is specifically for you!
2022-23 WeCOACH Book Club Description: Winning Ways of Women Coaches
Join your WeCOACH Community peers to engage monthly from September 2022 through May 2023 with contributing authors from Winning Ways of Women Coaches, some of the world’s most remarkable coaches. Participants commit to reading the selected book and engaging in discussions during scheduled WeREAD Monthly Meet-Ups (virtual). Participants are encouraged to develop questions and discussion topics of interest prior to each meet-up.
If you need to purchase the book, publisher Human Kinetics is offering a special 30% discount to all WeCOACH Book Club participants. Please use this link to purchase and use code WECOACH30 at checkout. The code is valid through September 30. Standard cover price is $27.95 (paperback & ebook). The Human Kinetics promo code allows you to purchase WWoWC for less than $20.
WeREAD Monthly Meet-Up:
12:30-1:30pm ET/9:30-10:30am PT
Cracking open our first WeREAD Monthly Meet-Ups will be former volleyball coaching legend and WWoWC editor, Cecile Reynaud and contributing author, Felecia Mulkey, Baylor University Acrobatics & Tumbling Head Coach (Chapter 12: Planning Scheduling & Delegating). Zoom link will be sent to Book Club participants on September 26.
Future WeREAD Monthly Meet-Ups:
- Wednesday, October 26 from 12:30-1:30pm ET/9:30-10:30am PT. Featuring chapter author, Becky Burleigh, former women’s soccer coaching legend
- Wednesday, November 30 from 12:30-1:30pm ET/9:30-10:30am PT. Featuring chapter authors, Dr. Jen Welter, First Female NFL Coach; 2023 XFL Las Vegas Team: Linebackers Coach
- Wednesday, December 14 from 12:30-1:30pm ET/9:30-10:30am PT. Featuring chapter author, Coach Valerie Kondos Field, UCLA Women’s Gymnastics Head Coach (retired)
- Wednesday, January 18 from 12:30-1:30pm ET/9:30-10:30am PT. Featuring chapter authors, Kelly Inouye-Perez, Head Softball Coach, UCLA and Lonni Alameda, Head Softball Coach, Florida State University
- Wednesday, February 22 from 12:30-1:30pm ET/9:30-10:30am PT. Featured chapter author, Carla Nicholls, Lead of Paralympic High Performance at Athletics Canada & National Team Coach for Jumps and Combined Events, two-time Olympic coach
- Wednesday, March 8 from 12:30-1:30pm ET/9:30-10:30am PT. Featuring chapter authors, Melissa Luellen, Head Women’s Golf Coach, Auburn University
- Wednesday, April 19 from 12:30-1:30pm ET/9:30-10:30am PT. Featuring chapter author, Nancy Stevens, Head Women’s Field Hockey Coach, UConn (retired)
Book Club Eligibility and Participant Pledge
- Only current WeCOACH members may register and participate. A current membership must be maintained throughout the Book Club term.
- Participants must purchase the book (paperback copies or e-books are available for an exclusive 30% off from Human Kinetics).
- Participants expected to make every attempt to attend all WeREAD Monthly Meet-Ups. We certainly understand conflicts with personal/family obligations, team practices/competitions, team & recruiting travel, etc. will arise.
- Participants should come prepared to WeREAD Monthly Meet-Ups having read the chapter(s) and develop a question or discussion topic to share with the contributing author and participants during the meet-up.
- Participants are encouraged to complete the satisfaction survey at the conclusion of the program in May.
My favorite aspect of being a WeCOACH member is the opportunity to learn, make connections, and hear others’ stories. The past three years, I’ve had the opportunity to form meaningful connections and relationships with WeCOACH staff and board members, coaches, graduate assistants, and administrators. These connections have led to standing monthly calls, advice calls, policy and legislation calls, and connecting in person whether I’m visiting their campus or they are visiting mine.