Book Club Term
September – October 2020
Welcome to the WeCOACH Book Club. As a coach, you are constantly looking to find ways to impact your teams and make discoveries from within, we understand that you may not be reading the same books as your friends outside of the world of athletics.
- Are you a passionate reader looking to connect with like-minded coaches and initiate interactive book discussions in a virtual setting?
- Are you seeking more accountability to actually read an entire book and stay focused on the content that can help you make improvements?
- Are you a casual reader, with great ideas, looking to make connections with other coaches?
If you answered “YES” to any of the questions and you are seeking a community to network and meet new coaches, then this Book Club is specifically for you!
Research states that those who participate in book clubs:
- Are more likely to commit to reading the entire book and sharing thoughts about what they have read and learned with new peers
- Stay more informed of relevant topics within their network
- Meet new people
- Have a platform to share ideas and voice opinions of the book with an invested audience
Participants commit to reading the selected book and engaging in discussions during three scheduled Video Meet-Ups during the designated term. Participants will receive questions and discussion topics to explore and reflect prior to each video meet-up, which will help guide discussions.
Book Club Eligibility and Requirements
- Only current WeCOACH members may register and participate. A current membership must be maintained throughout the Book Club term.
- Book Clubs will be limited in size. Registrants will be selected on a first-come, first-served basis. Those registering after size limits are reached will be placed on a waiting list.
- Participants must attend all scheduled Video Meet-Ups. Please have respect for your fellow book club members and those who were not accepted into the Book Club that would like to have the opportunity to participate.
- Participants are willing to interact and engage in Book Club discussion at mandatory Video Meet-Ups.
- Participants must complete a satisfaction survey at the completion of the program.
Video Meet-Up Schedule
Attendance is mandatory
|Thu, Sep 17||5:00 – 6:00 PM ET|
|Thu, Oct 1||5:00 – 6:00 PM ET|
|Thu, Oct 8||5:00 – 6:00 PM ET|
|Thu, Oct 22||5:00 – 6:00 PM ET|
|Thu, Oct 29||5:00 – 6:00 PM ET|
** Registration Closed **
“Dare To Lead” by Brené Brown
The ultimate playbook for developing brave coaches, leaders, and courageous cultures. Daring leadership is a collection of four skill sets that are 100% teachable. It’s learning and practice that requires brave work, tough conversations, and showing up with our whole hearts.
Leadership is not about titles, status and power over people. Leaders are people who hold themselves accountable for recognizing the potential in people and ideas, and developing that potential. This is a book for everyone who is ready to choose courage over comfort, make a difference and lead.
Moderator: Sahar Nusseibeh, Assistant Coach, Basketball at Miami of Ohio
Sahar is an NCAA Women Coaches Academy – Class 32 graduate. Sahar just completed her 1st season with the Miami Redhawks women’s basketball program and is in her 9th year of coaching.